Grilled Peach and Burrata Crostini is an easy to make appetizer for all those fresh summer peaches! Grilled baguette slices topped with creamy burrata, grilled peach slices and a drizzle of pesto and balsamic glaze. It’s the perfect sweet and savory summer bite!
Peach season is in full swing and if you’ve been following my blog for a while then you know it’s my favorite season! I haven’t found any Colorado peaches at the farmers’ markets or stores yet, but they usually don’t show up until later in July. With the long cold spring we had this year, I’m hoping that won’t delay them.
The number of peach recipes you’ll find on my blog is extensive and maybe a little out of control. Although if you love them as much as me then you will appreciate the amount and variety.
Some of my favorite peach recipes include this Chicken Peach Ricotta Pizza with Arugula and Balsamic Glaze for a tasty weekend dinner. Cinnamon Honey Peach Overnight Oats for a quick summer breakfast or snack. A Peach Basil Frosé to sip on while you’re eating the pizza mentioned above. Then for dessert, Grilled Peaches with Cinnamon Honey Ricotta. An entire day filled with peaches, it doesn’t get much better than this!
One thing I discovered was missing in my slew of peach recipes was an appetizer. Well, thanks to these Grilled Peach and Burrata Crostini, that’s not a problem anymore. If I’m being honest, I ate so many of these that it turned into my entire dinner.
WHAT IS BURRATA?
I was actually surprised to find out that a lot of people I know have no idea what burrata is and have never had the pleasure of eating it. Burrata is an Italian cow’s milk cheese that’s made of mozzarella and cream. The exterior is a solid shell of fresh mozzarella that encapsulates a filling made of cream and shreds of stretched mozzarella curd.
Burrata is best served at room temperature for the best flavor and texture. You want that creamy filling to come oozing out when you slice into it. Along with using it as a spread on this crostini, it is also a wonderful topping on pizza. I’m obsessed with this Pesto Zucchini and Peach Pizza with Burrata for summer!
HOW TO GRILL PEACHES
- Cut the ripe peaches in half and remove the pit. Leave the skin on.
- Preheat your grill to high and brush the flesh side of the peaches with olive oil.
- Place the peaches cut side down on the grill and grill for 2-4 minutes or until gold brown with nice grill marks.
That’s all there is to it. While the peaches grill you will also want to grill the slices of baguette. The process is basically the same. Brush both sides with olive oil, season with salt and pepper if you’d like and grill each side until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes per side.
To serve the Grilled Peach and Burrata Crostini you can serve it on a platter like I’ve shown in the photos and let everyone build their own. If you prefer to assemble them yourself, spread a thin layer of burrata on the grilled baguette. Top it with a peach slice and drizzle with pesto and balsamic glaze.
This quick and easy summer appetizer will be a hit at your next party or barbecue. If you’re like me, it’s also an excellent light, summer dinner to enjoy al fresco with a glass of white wine or rose!
MORE SUMMER APPETIZERS
GRILLED PEACH AND BURRATA CROSTINI
- 1/2 of a baguette (or a whole demi baguette), cut into approximately 14 slices
- 2 peaches, halved and pitted
- 8 ounces burrata cheese
- 1/3 cup pesto, I just set out the container and let people use what they want
- Balsamic glaze or aged balsamic vinegar for drizzling
- Remove the burrata from the container and pat dry. Place it on a serving platter and let it come to room temperature while you prepare the peaches and baguette.
- Preheat grill to high heat. Brush the baguette slices and flesh of the peaches with olive oil. Places the peaches (cut side down) and baguette on the grates and grill. Grill the peaches for approximately 2-3 minutes or until golden brown with grill marks. Only grill the cut side of the peaches. Grill the baguette for 1-2 minutes then flip over and grill another 1-2 minutes.
- Cut the grilled peach halves into slices and arrange them on the serving platter along with the baguette. Drizzle everything with pesto and balsamic vinegar. Just before serving, slice open the burrata. Serve with extra pesto and balsamic vinegar on the side.